Find the Best Laptop For Me

ThinkPad T Series T400
  • $499.95 [refurbished] (Newegg.com)See it
  • See all sellers
    Wuggee Rating
    Wuggee Notes
    Bad user reviews on Newegg
    Low-cost processor suitable for basic tasks such as internet, music, movies.
    Processor not suitable for multitasking, and computation intensive tasks such as advanced photo and video editing, etc.
    Memory may not be sufficient for simultaneous editing of large number of photos and videos, virtualization software(parallels), engineering and simulation software, etc
    Uses conventional harddrive. Higher power consumption, lower shock resistance and longer startup time compared to solid state drive(SSD).
    3 hrs battery life is less than average
    14" screen suitable for portability; not ideal as desktop replacement or gaming
    Built in CD/DVD drive; allows watching movies and software installation from CD/DVD
    No integrated webcam; will need separate webcam purchase for video chat (or camera information unavailable)
    Basic Specs
    2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB RAM
    1 lbs; 14" display; 1280 x 800 resolution
    320 GB hard drive
     3.58 stars (58 user reviews)
    Battery33 hrs
    Display
    14"
    1280 x 800
    Camera
    Other Specs
    1 lbs overall weight
    10" x 4" x 2"
    DVD±R/RW
    PortsNot avail
    Resources
     3.8 stars (51 user reviews)
    This is marked for Lenovo T420 via the Amazon page, which is what I have. But the charger I received is IBM rather than Lenovo. There have clearly been enough changes since the IBM takeover that the c... The charger seems to be a good quality and a safe product. The charger has two amp settings and has a safety thermal sensor to bind to the battery during charging so it cannot overheat.... I was searching around for a charger for my laptop since the original one that came with my laptop went out on me and I came across this one. And the product came just as expected and is the original ... I was so happy I found an actual Lenovo AC adapter! This product is exactly what it says it is and works wonderfully!... Was not the same power adapter as pictured. Did not work with my laptop. Returned and ordered direct from Lenovo.... The picture shows a 2-prong AC plug; the unit sent was a 3-prong plug.... The first adapter I ordered worked but it was making a large amount of noise, I could hear it 3 feet away. It was making a sizzling/buzzing noise.Ordered a replacement and so far it's working great. T... Really did come with a free 4g jumpdrive as well as that it is working very well so far though it does spark a little when I put it in the outlet but no big deal....
    Read full
     2 stars (7 user reviews)
    Cons: Filed to initialize Windows 7 software to the Lenovo Hardware. We (Customer Service and I) couldn't get the Windows software to initialize the Lenovo hardware.. Just a bad miss-match.....Cons: T...
    Read full
    All Sellers
    $499.95 [refurbished]Newegg.comSee it